Wednesday, October 01, 2008

First Official Snow Fall

It is officially snowing in Bethel Alaska today. Of course it is the big heavy wet stuff that doesn't stick around, but still it's snow! When I looked out my window this morning I saw rain that didn't look like rain. It looked like the consistancy of snow, but it was falling like rain. Very strange. I've never seen anything like it.

On a side note to make this post a little longer, Barrow which is the northernmost city in the country will host it's first ever post-season football game. This will be the only game in the history of football (I think) to be played above the Artic Circle. Barrow only started football at the high school in 2006. The team is 7-1 and is excited about hosting the post-season first round game. It will be this Saturday and average temps for this time of year in Barrow is 21. Record lows were -12. Here's hoping to them not having a record season with the temps! Actually they are thing in the mid 20s.

Well, I better get back to work. Happy Belated Birthday Karen! You need to update your blog! I'm sending you a card, so you should expect it sometime early next week.

No comments: