Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cards I forgot to Post

I made some cards a few weeks back and forgot to post them so you all could see. Here they are! I liked the idea of using black as the main card in the following example. Not sure on the designer paper and stuff, but it was just an experiment.Same with this one, an experiment. I love everything about this card, but I don't know about the designer paper. When I'm trying a card for the first time and don't know how it's going to turn out, I like to use scrap type paper. That won't be as easy now considering I donated alot of that paper to the TWC (Tundra Women's Coalition).This is probably one of my favorite cards that I have done. I love the idea of having a cut-out with a spinner focus. This is actually pretty easy to do. I send it as a birthday card to a friend. Hopefully she likes it as much as I do!
Once again, I am using one of my favorite stamp sets, the Embrace Life. This is a pocket card. I made about 6 of these for a swap, but ran out of time to get signed up. Guess I'll just wait for another swap or send them out as RAKs (random acts of kindness).

2 comments:

Leath said...

OMG! I love the cards - you are SO talented! I love the spider - think I may have to do that one with Cody. We are heading to Sioux Falls tomorrow to drop Corey off at the airport (he gets to go to Denver - lucky guy) and I think I may have to make a stop at the scrapbook store and pick up some supplies! If you ever need me to get you anything scrapbook-related let me know - I go the the scrapbook store quite often. Don't know how much it costs for you to order and ship up there, but if it's cheaper for me to buy and send you something I would be happy to do it (plus it would give me another reason to go to the store and buy supplies!) Take care and love ya!

Karen said...

I love the cards too. I was lucky enough to receive the birthday card shown here. I play with it constantly. Thank you again for the card.