Wednesday, November 05, 2008

What Have You Read Lately?

I thought I would do something different here and write about a book I have recently read. For months, my older sister has been telling me about a book series called The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. Well, I was finally able to get my name on the hold list at our library for this book and let me tell you, it was definitely worth the wait. Once I started the book I could not put it down! I read the book (about 500 pages) over a 2 day span. Just to give you a little background on the book, it's about a teenage girl who falls for a vampire. It may not sound like much of a book but believe me it's worth it! Now I'm just waiting for the next book in the series to get brought back to the library. I made the mistake of not going to the library to check out the book when I saw that it was in. I check about noon on Monday and there was 1 of the 2 copies still available. I decided that I would go over about 3:30 pm to get a little break in the afternoon. SOMEBODY CHECKED IT OUT!!!!! I can not believe that. Now I have to wait about 28 days to read the next book in the series. Actually I won't because I'm not that patient and I order the rest of the series on Amazon.

Going back to the Twilight book, they are making (actually have already made) a movie out of the book. It comes out on November 20. From the previews it looks pretty good, but I love the book so it will have to be pretty great.


So if you are in the mood for some quick reading, but a great story I highly recommend the Twilight Series. But if you get to New Moon (the second book) before I do, don't spoil it for me. I'm trying my hardest to stay away from the spoilers on Stephenie Meyers website;)

No comments: