Friday, March 13, 2009

Stampin for Skyler

Last Sunday we had a Chili Cook-off and Silent Auction fundraiser for Skyler Twitchell. He is the son of co-workers of Eric and mine that was shot over Christmas. He's doing remarkably well. He's currently in Seattle for physical therapy and they are trying to get him to Denver to a center that specializes in spinal injury therapy. They need help financing the therapy, the home remodels and for the wheelchair.

I was impressed with all of the people that donated their time, chili, desserts and silent auction items. I decided that I would put together a little box of Thank You cards. Winning bid was $23 and the lady that bought them said she was willing to go alot higher if she needed to.
What do you all think? What would you have paid for something like this? It's all Stampin' Up stuff except for the brad looking things.

Overall it was a good day. Last I had heard was that there was about $8,000 raised. This will help greatly. The wheelchair itself is around $27,000.

On a side note, I made my first official sale as a Stampin' Up demonstrator on Wednesday. Granted it was for my Stamping Group, but still I was a sale!!!!!!

1 comment:

Raquel said...

Way to go! And this from someone who just wasn't into crafting a few years ago! I knew I would rub off on you.