Saturday, June 07, 2008

Oh summer where art thou?

Well, we are now into June and there really is no sign of summer yet. Today has been chilly and rainy all day and currently the temperature is 37. It is 10:15 pm, but that has been the temp most of the day. The warmest we have been in the past 2 weeks is about 58. I want summer! Or at least temperatures a little more above freezing. I have camps starting tomorrow and the kids are expecting to go kayaking. How can I let them go kayaking when temps are this cold? It would be ridiculous to even think about doing it. I know the water temps probably aren't much warmer. Guess I'll have to make that decision on Monday afternoon.

I'm not sure how postings will go for the next 6 weeks. I'm hoping I will be able to keep it up. I have the luck of having 4 helpers this year instead of 3, which should mean I only work 8 hour days instead of 12-14 hours like last summer. Well, I better get to bed. I have to work tomorrow at 2:00 pm, so I need to enjoy the rest of my free time!!!!!

No comments: