Thursday, August 28, 2008

SD and ND

Well, after spending almost a week in Minneapolis with my sister, we made the trip to SD. It was good to get home. One thing that you have to love about home is that it never changes. Everything was the same as it was a year ago (the last time I was home). Okay, not everything. We did have some new cows and new kitties!One thing I always look forward to when I go home is the fresh veggies from the garden. Unfortunately a few weeks before i got home the area had a nasty wind/hail storm go through (120+ mph winds!) There wasn't much left of the garden. There were a few pea plants, some carrots, some green onions and tomatoes. The boys had fun eating fresh garden peas, something they haven't done before. I guess they apparently are taking the peas out of the pods on all of the peas they eat now. Whoops, guess mom and dad didn't see that one coming.

As I had my suitcase empty trying to reorganize some of my stuff, Colton thought it would be fun to sit in it. Of course this was after Caden had already did it. That little stinker loves to do everything his brother does!

One of the funniest things that had to happen was when dad was playing with Caden and Colton. He would still their blankets and when the boys would take them back dad would pretend to cry. Somehow the word crybaby came up and dad would call the boys crybabies and then they would call him crybaby back. After Raquel left I call her for something and dad asked if the boys were around. Raquel put Colton on the phone and dad called him a crybaby. You could hear Colton laughing. Dad said it a few more times and finally Colton said Crybaby. It's so cute!!!!

After 5 days at home, I spent a few days in Edgeley with Eric's folks. It was great to see them. I'm proud to say that Deb has been smoke free since December. I cannot believe how much the kids have grown. Brookston is in the 7th grade and is starting football practice. Braeden is a 6th grader, Brinley is a 4th grader and little Bridger is a 1st grader. I think I have all of those grades correct. It's hard to believe that Brinley wasn't even 1 year old when Eric and I started seeing each other. How the time has flown! While in Edgeley, I got to see Shawnda and Chad. They are always fun to hang out with.

After Edgeley, I went to Brookings to see my best friend in the whole wide world. Of course, I'm talking about Alethea! I got to see their new house in Aurora. Beautiful! I got to hang out with Leath, Corey, Cody and Brady. Time went by all too fast. We went to hang out at SDSU for a few hours taking in the bookstore and visiting a few old professors. And I can't forget the SDSU Dairy Bar. Homemade SDSU ice cream. Yum! I also went with Brady to his 4 month check-up. He's growing so fast. I checked Leaths blog yesterday and saw that she had a post of Cody's first day of school. I cannot believe that he is that old already! I miss them all so much already.

After Brookings, I went back home for a couple more days, then headed back to Minneapolis for a day and then came back to Bethel. Wow, where did they time go.

1 comment:

Leath said...

I had so much fun while you were here... too bad that you couldn't stay longer! Next time we'll have to do something more exciting (I promise I won't take you to any more doctor's appointments!). Or... maybe next time we'll come and see you!

It was so nice to get to hang out with you... reminds me of our college days when we sat around, did nothing, and just had "girl talk"... "girl talk" just isn't the same when I try to do it with Corey! :)

It was great to see you and I miss you so much already! (I know that sounds really cheesy - but it's true!)