Saturday, October 20, 2007

So, what do you want to know?

Today was a busy day. I went to the local Saturday market to check out the crafts of the native. They have some beautiful crafts, but I still have a hard time paying the prices for some of the things. They have some beautiful grass weaved baskets and mukluks (skin/fur boots). After a little time there, I got together with another girl here who does some scrapbooking and we spent the afternoon making a few pages. Tonight I spent the evening at a going away party for the Refuge manager where Eric works. We had a wonderful potluck (Bethel is good for those!) and then there was a roast of the manager. That was well worth the trip to the party. Now I'm home watching some TV and updating my blog.

As far as the weather goes I don't think we've gotten above 30 in the past week. We've had snow on the ground since then also. This is what we woke up to last Saturday. This is the view from our dining room window looking down on our driveway.
I just realized that I had the following picture on the camera from Jimmie Joe's (Eric's dad) b-day party. This is the beaver hat (I would put down the Yup'ik name but I'm not sure how to spell it) that we er, I made for him.
Well, I'm going to sign off for the night, but I promise I'll post some wedding pictures tomorrow.

No comments: