Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Race is On!

Well, I won't be doing the sunlight update for a while because now it's pretty boring. We get almost 7 hours of sunlight. I'll start updating more on that when we are seeing sunlight late into the night. Sorry I haven't written in awhile. I switched my blog over to the supposedly "newer" google sign-in and haven't been able to sign in at all on Internet Explorer. I have to use Netscape or Mozilla.

Anywho - back to the title. Last night was the official start of the Kuskokwim 300 Dog Sled race. It is one of the bigger races that lead up to the Iditarod. First prize is $20,000! Eric and I went down to the river to watch the start last night. Interesting and definitely worthwhile to see. There were 18 entries and at least 3 or 4 of those were past Iditarod winners. The race started at 6:30 pm and the winner should roll across the finish line around noon on Sunday. Here's a few pictures from the start.Start and Finish lineI think this is Jeff King, the multi-Iditarod winner.
Some of the dogs
Notice the black booties! All of the dogs were wearing them.
Nothing like beady eyes staring at you in the dark night!

I'm going to publish this one so blogger doesn't have a fit that there are so many pictures in it. I'll be writing another showing a few pictures of Eric's snare line catch! ~ Amy

No comments: